Friday, May 22, 2009

2008-2009 School Year Rewind

Well, I did it! I made it through my first year of High School. I have mixed feelings about the closing of this school year. On one hand, I am overjoyed! I am looking forward to three months of sun and sleep...+ work...but on the other hand, I am poignant about the passing of such a memorable year. I made new friends, and lost others. I became a Lieutenant Governor on the District Board of Key Club...and lost my ability to dance ballet.
My teachers were amazing, always willing to help. I was privileged to find out what kind of people they really are, and I am proud to say I was taught by them. Most of all, I am amazed at how fast this year went by. It feels like I started last week and now final exams are staring me in the face.
Tonight I will watch my sister walk across the field, receive her diploma, and step into a new chapter in her life. I will cheer for her and cry. I am losing her but I am so proud of her accomplishment. I know I am being melodramatic, but it makes you think. The chapters in our lives can begin and end so quickly, are we valuing the time we have been given?
Never regret anything in your life. If it was a mistake, it was also a learning experience. Embrace change and never let yourself live inside a "box".

1 comment:

Tammy Gillmore said...

Please remind me about your Key Club position next year...so we can recognize you in the school newspaper!